A friend is going to New Zealand! How cool is that? In the wake of the earthquake I see her volunteering more than sightseeing, but that will still be a rewarding trip.
I got to reread all those blog posts – and I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since that incredible trip. It was really fun to sit, reread, and remember.
So, thanks, friend. I wrote all that so I would remember, but what makes you have the time to sit around reading about yourself? I’m glad I did and was able to enjoy my trip all over again. Although seeing the cathedral that I saw in Christchurch ruined from the quake was so sad, most of the memories are crazy happy ones. Made my day.
So I’m sitting in the basement, listening to this free SXSW music channel thinking about the past few weeks – and cracking up about poor KD today.
- I’m so pumped about SXSW. Might be the only thing I like more than skiing.
- Why can’t free stuff be good? I can’t skip the songs I’d never go see in a million years.
- I called, texted, emailed, and retexted KD FROM A CHAIRLIFT this AM to ensure myself a SXSW wristband.
KD told me she ran out of something probably a little important (reason why I hide names here LOL) to get us two coveted wristbands to enjoy music for the week of SXSW. Yay!
- JC took off (boo, see you soon!) and it was back to what 2011 has been all about – skiing. I must have skied more days this season than in the last two put together, already. But that’s awesome. Wouldn’t have it any other way. NDL and JS were great company, reminding me that I have the GREATEST friends that are SO FUN and full of LOVE.
- Ski Utah asked me back! That’s right. I think I can announce they actually like me, thanks to all of you that read and comment, enough to let me stay blogging for next year too! I couldn’t be happier.
- Let’s see, what else…we went snow-shoeing! It was the greatest, which sucks because 1.all I need is another expensive winter hobby (things are like 300$!) and 2.now I’m hooked on the idea of back country skiing (also $$$). But hey, it was bound to happen (I’d been fighting it) and that’s why we live here right!??!
I sure don’t want to jinx it, but 2011 is starting out being totally incredible. It might not seem like much when you write it all down to share, but it’s been better than I’d ever dreamed for us. I feel so blessed and hope that each and everyone of you wondering why I’m not calling is now all caught up and is also having a great year!!
I thought I was good at company. But here’s some problems I’ve been having:
- I stock the fridge with a crap ton of food. It’s not enough.
- I get tired!
- I can’t decide if you want to be woken up stupid early to ski or if I should let you sleep in.
- There’s too much catching up to do.
- We don’t have TV.
- I have the heat on like 79 degrees just in case you’re not warm.
I’m sure there’s more. Suggestions?
My college roomie SB is here celebrating Sundance with me. She brought me an incredible birthday gift. These custom goggles actually have “snow cat” engraved on the lens!
Posted from WordPress for Android
What a great day! A little snow, a little work, a lot of fun, friends, food and partying. Can’t believe I’m “working” right now, trying to wow Ski Utah with videos on par with my original…
But I did get to enjoy some sushi, basically my only goal for the day. Good times. Last night we were out at midnight, I’m not too old yet! My phone battery died twice with all the notifications and texts from all my lovely friends. Feeling pretty good!
Posted from WordPress for Android
This is a Neil Diamond cover band.
This is my girlfriend, named Caroline, that has had a love/hate relationship with said song for as long as she can remember.
It was fitting the band was playing Piper Down on her birthday, and that’s where we were. We had a great night with CM and her husband BM, who also celebrated his birthday this year at Piper Down. It’s also the bar we’ve been playing pub trivia at on Wednesdays…
Every Sunday in the spring and summer, Main Street hosts a little street fair with vendors and kids activities, food and shopping. The first Sunday also happened to be SB’s 4th birthday, and we got to go to the Market and celebrate her birthday with the family. She bought her own presents with a gift card and got a free fairy costume. It also happened to be about 40 outside. Brr. For the last three weeks, it’s been warm in the high 70s with one day in the week day that is ice cold.
The second Sunday was Father’s Day, and we got to join the B’s again, for lunch at Wasatch Brew Pub, a stroll down Main, and SB’s first pair of flip flops! We also had cake and wine after to celebrate TB’s birthday and BB’s first 2 kid Father’s Day. The B’s have a busy June!
Here’s a whole album of photos from the weekends. Turn around time is so much better when I’m taking the pictures!