The interaction we have on this site is my favorite, more than telling you about my day, or making you look at pictures of me, or making lists for you. So I’m going to try to force a little on you and see if it works. I want all of you, even the ones who aren’t regular commentors (make up a name if you’re shy, no one has to know) to answer my question in the comments.
Let’s say that you get stopped on the street and offered 100$ to write a quick informational article about anything, simply based on your own knowledge. “Write what you know”.
What topic* would you pick that you’d consider yourself most expert on?
If you are a stay at home mom parenting articles should come naturally to you. If you are a home school parent you know that is a full time job and will lead to many good topics. Your hobbies are a good place to start. Things like classic cars or crafts. Things that may be routine to you are totally foreign to many of us. If you do it for a living you are probably more knowledgeable than 95 percent of us on that topic.2
Think of things that you get asked questions about by friends and family. What do people call you for advice on? That would be a great place to brainstorm. Do you get called for cooking tips? Are you the neighborhood backyard mechanic? Maybe you have a great marriage and your friend ask you for relationship advice. Anything people turn to you to pick your brain is a viable topic. (via ehow.com)
Does this count as an example?
*Of course if you’re so smart you can’t pick just one, I’ll accept lists**.
The typealyzer writing/personality analysis site tells me this about myself:
Good thing I totally manage no one…
It also alleges that I use some – a very small bit – of my brain here:
This is a list of 100 things I’m thankful for. I randomized them, and tried to keep them really simple – but 100 is a lot, I had to get a little creative. I hope you enjoy, think of some things maybe you forgot, and tell someone you’re thankful for them this holiday. Enough sap, here’s the list:
- My faith.
- My husband.
- My health.
- My parents.
- My grandparents.
- All the rest of my relatives, I have a great family.
- Old friends.
- New friends.
- Sunny weather.
- Live music, especially outdoors.
- My writing.
- My college degree.
- Becoming fit.
- All my vacations, now too many to count!
- All the places I’ve lived.
- My memories.
- My in laws.
- Running water.
- The power of prayer.
- TV on the internet.
- Learning how to cook.
- My car.
- Not working.
- Good radio.
- Soft blankets.
- Fires in the cold.
- Learning to ski.
- Growing up in the 90s.
- Everything anyone’s ever given or made me.
- Paper and pens.
- Trying new things.
- The ability to forgive and be forgiven.
- Migas and breakfast burritos.
- Sunrises, sunsets.
- Every pair of my shoes.
- Everything I’ve made myself.
- Childhood accomplishments.
- A1. Yes, the steak sauce.
- Learning humility.
- Helping strangers.
- The internet, my blog.
- 1999-2006 in Austin.
- Cameras, pictures.
- Dimmed lighting.
- My gym membership.
- How good I sound singing in the shower.
- Common sense.
- Learning from mistakes.
- The NFL.
- Learning patience.
- The Red Sox.
- People with great senses of humor.
- Zombie jokes.
- Feeling whole.
- The ability to grow.
- Crying until I laugh, but only sometimes.
- Knowing when to back down.
- Knowing when to stand firm.
- Knowing I still have a lot to learn.
- Being taken care of when I’m sick.
- The invention of Imitrex.
- Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Surviving high school.
- Thick skin.
- Pajamas with feet.
- Massive Attack.
- People who recycle.
- Nalgene bottles.
- Mini skirts.
- Dr. Scholls.
- My wedding album.
- My husband’s work success.
- K cups.
Somegosoftly wishes you all a great Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?
NANO TOTAL: 10439 words.
NaBlo Day 22: Check.
I’ve been tagged, which is blog-speak for forced against my will to provide you with substandard about me blog content. Just kidding…
Ben AND Jayne made me do it.
The rules of are:
- Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Without further ado: 7 CRAZY Facts About Me You DON’T Know.
Unless maybe you’re my mother…
- I am rather certain that the only real piece of published work out there is my Letter to the Editor from 9th grade regarding the allegation of unfair judging practices at a regional cheer leading competition I was involved in.
- I am missing a tooth. I had to have one removed right before we left Austin, which required an implant replacement I never followed up on. I might never be able to fix that, I should probably find out. It’s one I need to chew.
- When I was little I was picked on for reading at recess so horribly that I threw a lunch box (a hard plastic one) at a girl and hit her in the head. I think I broke her glasses. This is important since it’s the only time I hit something I was aiming at, and I learned fighting back was okay when I wasn’t grounded, since the brat clearly deserved it.
- I always sneeze twice. Like, at a time. I also sneeze super loud, and contrary to what you may think, it is not on purpose. I can not control it.
- I worry sometimes about repeating myself on my blog and someone calling me out on it by pouring over my history. I also delete posts when I think of a friend that MIGHT be bothered by anything in it. I think that breaks some blogger’s code.
- I recently bought my husband some of those pencils that you use and pull out and put in the top and get a new tip (called push pencils) and pretended it was a gift just so I could have one.
- In between the two best roommates in the world, I had a bipolar psycho one that ran out of town after not paying rent (etc. etc.) by stealing one of her friends car. She’s the only person off the top of my head that I think I would try to kill if I ran into.
SO, now you know things you didn’t need to. Here’s my list of poor unfortunate souls:
Rampant Random Rantings
The Blind Leading The Blind
The Misadventures Of Me
The Cryptic Philosopher
NANO TOTAL: 9800 words.
NaBlo Day 12: Check.
Last April I published a little meme called Gotta Get Goals. Well, the guy who created it rounded up all the posts he could find on it. And read them. And complied the lists of top common goals, and some of the more unique ones. If you’d like to see a bunch of people that you don’t know talking about what they need to do for themselves, here’s the link.
I’m just still trying to figure out how he gets 80 people for a list of five things.
Friday Fives is depressed.
Maybe this is my problem...
You Should Be a Song Writer
You have the ability to evoke emotion, tell a story, and hook someone…In a very small amount of words, perhaps with some deft rhyming.
Even if you can’t write music, you can sure write compelling lyrics.
Lyrics so good, people will have them stuck in their heads!
What Type of Writer Should You Be?
Not the board game…take this quiz and find out if your life is worth living heeheehee.
Find out if you suck at life
These little quizzes, they have to stop. Isn’t there something important to talk about??? Maybe my 4th of July? I think it may have been the best 4th yet, and it is competing with some good ones. It’s at least in my Top Five. More on that later…
Death by Caffeine
How much of your favorite energy drink or soda would it take to kill you? Take this quick test and find out:
How much Caffeine do you consume? Find out here.
Answer all thirty-five questions using only one word. It’s harder than it looks. Give it a try on your blog. From iced mocha.
1. Where is your cell phone?
3. Your hair?
5. Your sister?
6. Your favorite thing?
7. Your dream last night?
8. Your favorite drink?
9. Your dream car?
10. The room you’re in?
11. Your shoes?
12. Your fears?
13. What do you want to be in 10 years?
14. Who did you hang out with this weekend?
15. What you’re not good at?
17. One of your wish list items?
18. Where you grew up?
19. The last thing you did?
20. What are you wearing?
21. What aren’t you wearing?
22. Your pet?
23. Your computer?
24. Your life?
25. Your mood?
27. What are you thinking about right now?
28. Your car?
29. Your kitchen?
30. Your summer?
31. Your favorite color?
32. When is the last time you laughed?
33. Last time you cried?