Since our dear friend snippy is going to be gone for a while, and I get a ton of her traffic as well, I thought I’d share with you some research that I found out about Italy, so we can imagine her trip more clearly:
Fun Facts About Italy
- Italy is slightly larger than Arizona.
- Almost 20% of Italy’s population is over 65 years old.
- The average Italian makes $26,700 a year, however those in the more prosperous north make almost $40,000
- The thermometer is an Italian invention.
- The average Italian consumes half a pound of bread a day.
- With almost 40 million visitors, Italy is the fourth most visited country in the world.
- The average Italian is 41 years old.
- The average Italian consumes 26 gallons of wine a year.
- Italy has more hotel rooms than any other nation in Europe.
- Italians used to be known for having large families, however Italy is now known for having Europe’s lowest birthrate.
- Italian families save more money than the Japanese and Germans, and three times more than Americans do.
- The average Italian consumes 25 kilograms of pasta a year.
- Italy imports over 75% of its energy.
- “Ars longa, vita brevis” is a common saying in Italy. It means “art is long, life is short” and reflects the Italian love of leisure.
- Italy has a resident foreign population of 1.27 million.
- The national sport of Italy is soccer (known as football outside of America).
So what can we presume for our friend’s trip other than that IF she returns, it will be on the arm of a former soccer-playing man, over 40, who will subsist on bread, pasta, and wine, she will have no babies and she will be more leisurely? Nah, but we all hope she has a good trip!