Sunday was rough. I woke up with a bad head cold. I doped myself up on Nyquil and off we went!
- KT Tunstall – pretty good. That “cherry tree” song didn’t even bother me that much.
- Jack Ingram – I’m guessing is from Texas and is even worse that Corey Morrow or Pat Green – too country, not enough country music.
- Matisyahu – all the songs kind of sounded alike but were good. Fun show.
- The New Pornographers – almost ruined my weekend and quite possibly could have driven me to rip my ears off my head if it weren’t for me leaving to get a snow cone.
- Ben Harper– good every time. The Marley’s went up and sang for the finale – what a great memory to have.
- MUSE – was excellent. Didn’t fit in with the rest of all this hippie music but woke everyone up. Loved it.
- Tom Petty – we got great seats – and he played 4 songs.
Then the rain came. About half the crowd left. We walked slow, the rain slowed, and sure enough he made it back out for another hour of music. Some a little slow, but that was tolerable – I just watched snippy dance. Like Van Morrison, another classic I can check off my list…but no where near as thrilling as some past ACL headliners.
- was humid
- MK found a dollar – so he had a good time
- we got free (albeit nasty) pizza for dinner
- skirts are better than shorts
- I was happy it was over when it was over!!