Saturday we got to go to KD’s for breakfast before we hit the festival. Excellent.
Got down to the park to see:
- Murder by Death – pretty rockin’
- I Love you but I’ve Chosen Darkness
- Ben Kweller – read here for snippy’s account – I’ve known Ben Kweller for a while and didn’t quite see him as the tampon type…
- Nada Surf – yes, the band that sings “Popular” – they have some other good stuff too…
- The Shins
- The Raconteurs – awesome.
- Massive Attack!!! – we got to sit in the very front. If you know me, you know there are many reasons this band resonates with me. It has been the soundtrack of my life in Texas. So no pressure for them to be incredible or anything…
We got right in front and the first thing that happens is an announcement that one of the guys isn’t there ‘cuz his wife had a baby last night. So they don’t get to songs with him I really like, but other than that it was a great time. That music goes THROUGH you. You wanna hear it? I’ll BUY you “Mezzanine”. That’s how good they are.
The Other Stuff:
- Bands think it’s cool to reference other bands – why? As in “Oh, hey, we’re Nada Surf. We see you leaving for TV on the Radio, they’re great. Wish we could go”. All night this went on. Lame.
- Stop talking. You didn’t pay $200 for your little wristband to come see all these bands you like and talk through the entire show. I didn’t pay to listen to YOU.
- STOP SMOKING you disgusting dirty people. IT’S GROSS.
No Kings of Leon?
I’m disappointed. It was the only band that I suggested to you guys.
FYI-they freaking rocked!!