Here I told you I wasn’t able to keep up with yoga (still waiting for the day I get going on that) or blogging successfully everyday for you (trying infrequent and uninteresting on for size) but – I did manage to keep one deal with myself and not eat any fast food for an entire month!
I cut back on drinking and eating out in general – and much to my chagrin – have totally lost a whole bunch of weight. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy. Skiing every day has made skiing a total non workout, so this helped. But it sucks to admit just how much junk I was pigging out on that in the shortest month I dropped a whole size. I’m unhappily happy.
I guess I have to see if I can make it through March now too (SXSW not included that week doesn’t count!).
Work for free should be on there too!
A friend is going to New Zealand! How cool is that? In the wake of the earthquake I see her volunteering more than sightseeing, but that will still be a rewarding trip.
I got to reread all those blog posts – and I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since that incredible trip. It was really fun to sit, reread, and remember.
So, thanks, friend. I wrote all that so I would remember, but what makes you have the time to sit around reading about yourself? I’m glad I did and was able to enjoy my trip all over again. Although seeing the cathedral that I saw in Christchurch ruined from the quake was so sad, most of the memories are crazy happy ones. Made my day.
We never ski President’s Day. It’s always a mess. East Coasters on Mid-winter’s break pack our state and ski like crazy!
But there was snow, so we woke up slowly and decided to drive out to Brighton, my go-to resort the day after the big storm, where there’s always leftover fresh lines to find.
Watch the videos for a glimpse of what some people had to deal with here.
I’m fairly sure with our late start (shame on us) we were the very last car that squeezed in the parking lot, and were able to have a lovely day.
I do feel bad for tourists that came and had to wait – but that’s why you get up early!
Living here goes by fast. I promised Ski Utah I’d try things other than skiing – so far I’ve gotten up one hill with snow shoes on. Barely counts! Every morning I wake up and I’m pulled to another mountain, another challenge on my skis. Then you blink and the winter is over.
I was over here http://www.ginabegin.com/
and then found this:
A list of things to do. While I’ve tried most of the beers and all of the honorable mentions, I thought it was pretty funny skiing was the only thing I’d done on that list.
MY QUESTION TO YOU:
what is something from your HOME state that is sitting right there waiting for you to do that you haven’t?
I’ve never wanted to be a snowboarder so bad.
When I watched this yesterday, it had around 5000 views. Look at it now.
So I’m sitting in the basement while I paint the last of the doors, listening to this free SXSW music channel thinking about the past few weeks – and cracking up about poor KD today.
- I’m so pumped about SXSW. Might be the only thing I like more than skiing.
- Why can’t free stuff be good? I can’t skip the songs I’d never go see in a million years.
- I called, texted, emailed, and retexted KD FROM A CHAIRLIFT this AM to ensure myself a SXSW wristband.
KD told me she ran out of something probably a little important (reason why I hide names here LOL) to get us two coveted wristbands to enjoy music for the week of SXSW. Yay!
I have had some crazy times here in our sweet little chalet!
- We met neighbors that told us everyone refers to our house as “The Snowed Inn“. It is probably picking on us. But I love it. Need to get a sign made.
- We had events and goings on since we returned from our great big Brian Head/Vegas road trip. Which, I didn’t mention over on Ski Utah but was almost a complete train wreck: when we pulled out of the driveway all pack up and the windshield shattered. But it survived and we made it. There are two posts (Are You In? and Brian Head vs. Vegas) up over there.
- KK (BIL) and TD came to visit. It was a crazy weekend of MK and I (fine, mostly me) trying to fit in 100 million tips and suggestions and life advice and love and conversations we don’t get to have all the time. TD is pretty amazing and a little like me, wanting us to be a FAMILY. Like, the real big grown up kind.
- While they were here, they had other friends staying on Main St. that we got to watch the Super Bowl with, ski with a bunch, and even ski with after TD and KK had flown home. Not only were they fantastic, the loved MK playing tour guide, my mountain picks, suggestions, videos, etc. etc. So much we got gifted Vodka. So that’s obviously a lot. Yay.
- The same night the KK and TD leave, NDL and JS arrive. Crazy enough, JC had called and proved my fear true that Austin could NOT survive without him, so he’s road tripping back and I get to see HIM that night TOO. Talk about a house full. And more wine corks in one night than ever, totally a house record.
- JC took off (boo, see you soon!) and it was back to what 2011 has been all about – skiing. I must have skied more days this season than in the last two put together, already. But that’s awesome. Wouldn’t have it any other way. NDL and JS were great company, reminding me that I have the GREATEST friends that are SO FUN and full of LOVE.
- Ski Utah asked me back! That’s right. I think I can announce they actually like me, thanks to all of you that read and comment, enough to let me stay blogging for next year too! I couldn’t be happier.
- Let’s see, what else…we went snow-shoeing! It was the greatest, which sucks because 1.all I need is another expensive winter hobby (things are like 300$!) and 2.now I’m hooked on the idea of back country skiing (also $$$). But hey, it was bound to happen (I’d been fighting it) and that’s why we live here right!??!
I sure don’t want to jinx it, but 2011 is starting out being totally incredible. It might not seem like much when you write it all down to share, but it’s been better than I’d ever dreamed for us. I feel so blessed and hope that each and everyone of you wondering why I’m not calling is now all caught up and is also having a great year!!
Things I like:
Reading little shorts from people funnier than me:
updated every day.
Which is so much more than I can say for Some Go Softly.
I thought I was good at company. But here’s some problems I’ve been having:
- I stock the fridge with a crap ton of food. It’s not enough.
- I get tired!
- I can’t decide if you want to be woken up stupid early to ski or if I should let you sleep in.
- There’s too much catching up to do.
- We don’t have TV.
- I have the heat on like 79 degrees just in case you’re not warm.
I’m sure there’s more. Suggestions?